Monitors on the Cheap

BenignVanilla

OK, if you are a purest...stop reading now.

If you have a limited budget like me, keep reading.

A friend of mine told me about the Dayton B652 shelf speakers. Apparently some people on some home audio forums were raving about the sound of these things compared to their cost. I found them on Amazon, http://amzn.to/9ztPIL for $29.00 for the pair.

I figured, I can wrestle with $30 if they end up sucking.

They don't.

They are not the best speakers I have heard but for a decent set of monitors for your desk, without breaking the budget. I love these speakers.

Really? Hmm, that's interesting. Maybe I should try a pair of them out to see how they compare to some of the other speakers/monitors I have.

But wait a min. are they powered? I don't think they are which means you have to get all of the rest of the trimings.

:cool:

But wait a min. are they powered? I don't think they are which means you have to get all of the rest of the trimings.:

Yea it definitely looks like they aren't powered, so you'd need a power amp to use them, which will easily more than double the price...

Last summer's rock n roll camps saw us using a pair of Klipsch home-audio speakers as our studio monitors. The Alesis Monitor 2's stayed home, as the Klipsch's were going to New Orleans, anyway, so we figured this would kill two birds with one stone. Turns out they performed quite well. Oh, the Klipsch's cost me $10 at a garage sale!

My point is, you might be surprised what will work, and work well.

Back