Monitors / Headphones switchbox

David Katauskas

I feel kinda dumb asking this, but what the hell...I've been using a Behringer UB802 board as my current switchbox between my headphones and monitors (yes, the board is only used on the outbound chain :) ). Anyway, my new monitors take a balanced pair, and the mix board outputs are unbalanced.

My question, is there a standard switchbox that allows me to take my audiocard's balanced output and switch it between monitors and headphones? Or should I just wire one together myself?

Plus, you can have two different mixes on the device. So everything could be well organized. I connect my monitors and 2 headphones there and control their levels seperately. A very neat little device. Cheap as well.

Hey David, there is a more professional way of doing what you need done. Mackie makes what is called the big knob, and presonus makes what is called the central station. Check both of them out before you invest in something that will not do everything you are looking to do. Also MY favorite one and the one I chose for my home studio (I use a central station in my big studio) is the Mindprint Trio. it not only has all the moniter/talkback abilities but it also has a class A mic pre built in! And it is affordable to boot. So check them out I think they are what you are REALLY looking for.
Mackie big knob
Presonus central station
Mindprint Trio

Hope this helps.

Back