monitors for $375.00

sodapopinski

Ok, here's the deal. I won some Event PS 8's on ebay for 300.00. The seller claims that he wanted to put a reserve of 375.00, but forgot. He's refusing to sell them for 300.00, and becuase I havn't sent money (due to our disagreement) I have no "legal" recourse with e-bay. He will sell them to me for 375, however. I know this is a good deal, but could I get better monitors for this price, give or take 50 bucks? How much have you seen the Yorkville's every one talks about running for?

sodapopinski said:
Ok, here's the deal. I won some Event PS 8's on ebay for 300.00. The seller claims that he wanted to put a reserve of 375.00, but forgot. He's refusing to sell them for 300.00, and becuase I havn't sent money (due to our disagreement) I have no "legal" recourse with e-bay. He will sell them to me for 375, however. I know this is a good deal, but could I get better monitors for this price, give or take 50 bucks? How much have you seen the Yorkville's every one talks about running for?

F#ck him and his bogus reserve charge.:mad:

Inform him that while you were really considering purchasing his PS 8's, some dude named Mr.Q e-mailed you that several music retailers are now selling store displays, demos etc for $260!!!!
Then see what he says!
If that doesn't work, gimme his name, addy and ph# and I'll have
my associate, Vinnie Gracciola-Washington pay him a visit!;)

If I were you I would avoid going through on a deal with a seller like that. Guys like that are bad news. You'll probably end up with a splitting headache if you send him any money. Ebay sellers like that are scum. He just didnt want to pay the extra $1 for a reserve. I'd be weary and look elsewhere.

Anyways you can always win another auction at $300 on eBay again. So many times I bought something thinking I was getting a good deal and another item just like it sells for $50 less the next day. Seriously, theres always a better deal.

Hey, you guys are great! Thanks for looking out for me... and you're right. I've already starting bidding on different monitors. There's always a better deal.

Make sure you give that ass negative feedback if you actually won the auction or others may fall into the same trap.

Well... I did it! I picked up some Yorkville YSM1P's for 406.00. Shipping and everything. Can't wait til' they come. My first pair of monitors!

Back