Monitoring Problem with Headphones

Let'5_Pick

I just installed an M-Audio Delta 66. I love the card. It completely solved my latency problem, but now I have a new challenge... (I'm sure this is a retarded question, but I'm not smart enough to be embarrased :o )

There are four output jacks...each is mono (1/2 form a stereo pair, 3/4 form a stereo pair) - so, when I plug my headphones into a jack, I only hear sound from one can. I bought a splitter to plug my phones into two jacks, but it still only plays from one earpiece.

Is there any way to hear stereo from my headphones?

Here's my recording chain...

Huber Lexington - AT4040 - StudioProjectsVTB1 - Delta66 - Cubase SE

OK,

I think your problem is that the cable you have is just a cable that combines the two signals into one side, i.e. the jack that you are plugging your headphones into is only mono, not stereo like you need. First go get a cable that has one end with two TS (mono) plugs, and on the other end it has a single TRS (stereo) plug. link Then buy a headphone amp, (not absolutlely neccesary, but it will greatly improve the quality and volume of the headphone output. It's really the only way to go IMHO) plug in the two mono ends into your Delta 66 and plug the stereo end into the input of the headphone amp and plug the headphones into the output of the headphone amp. There ya go. It should work. Hope I helped.

JM

P.S. If you have a mixer, then you could just use 1/4" cables to go from the outputs of the Delta, and then plug your headphones into the headphone jack on the mixer, and monitor that way.

Back