Monitor wall mount brackets??

aidan_m

Budding Rock Star!
Not sure where to post this, but here ist is...

Can anyone recommend monitor wall-mount brackets, I've got a set of Tannoy Reveal 5As and want to wall mount them to get them off my wooden desk. came across a few on thomann (http://www.thomann.de/index.html?partner_id=97926&page=ie/accessories_for_wall_mounting.html), but I really don't want to go drilling holes in the speakers etc..

Anyone have any experience with these?
Can anyone recommend anything?
your advice appreciated as always!

I can't help you, but I can sympathize!:D
I have the same problem.

I'm thinking that some 1 inch boards will have to do (1X10?). One for a shelf with some kind of a lip to keep the speaker from walking out, and another in the shapd of a right triangle for bracing. That's all I can come up with.

Or the other option is to build stands that go up 3-4 feet. These can fall over though. Not good!

Good luck.

I can't help you, but I can sympathize!:D
I have the same problem.

I'm thinking that some 1 inch boards will have to do (1X10?). One for a shelf with some kind of a lip to keep the speaker from walking out, and another in the shapd of a right triangle for bracing. That's all I can come up with.

Or the other option is to build stands that go up 3-4 feet. These can fall over though. Not good!

Good luck.

These could fall over if knocked heavily but they haven't been knocked or fallen over yet!

Last edited:
I'd also go with stands if at all possible. There are some sound issues with putting speakers against walls, especially if the ports are on the rear of the speakers. Speakers usually need a little space from wall boundaries.

You could hang them from the ceiling.

Take 2 lengths of rope and cross them in the middle. wrap elec tape securely round the crossed ropes. Cut 1 small 1X self board 1/8inch bigger than the spkr foot print cut 2nd board 1/2 to 1' bigger. drill holes in the 4 coners of 2nd brd.Center 1st board over X ,secure rope to bottom of board with wire clamps or staples,put spkr on brd and place
2nd board on top,take the 4 ends up , 1 thru each hole. Bring 4 ends together and tie to a ring or hook or whatever you plan to attach to ceiling. Wrap tape around top and bottm of speaker to keep it from slipping out(try not to cover the speaker).

*Chose rope and Hook to support weight of spkr. *

I have used this method on sev diff monitors/shelf size spkrs as well as hanging my 15" Mach III's. It works well and is $$ effective.

Good luck

Steve

:)

Last edited:
NICE feckin stands Gorty! Are the posts chrome plated steel with hardwood ends? How about the weight? They look heavy.

The stands posts are Stainless Steel pipe that I removed the outside skin with a lathe file on the lathe. I then used a slow speed on the lathe with a fine toothed lathe file and gave it the finish you see now, which is like a satin chrome.
It took me a while to do but I am lucky enough to have a job that allows me to do this all at work, even the supply of the Stainless Steel pipe!
The bases are made from pine and stained with the edges routered.

They are heavy indeed!

Back