Monitor Suggestions

steveaustin

$1000.00 is my limit. Looking for active or passive monitors w/ amp for PC based recording. By now I'm totally undecided by all the info I've seen.

As with anything, this is going to fall under personal preference. Gotta go with what sounds good to YOUR ears. :)

I can say that I've been thrilled with my Mackie HR824's...

Cheers.
Scott

I just read this at another forum and thought it was a good point.

<b>"my 2c:
get what ever monitor will go best with the surroundings in your room. And I mean color wise not sound wise. Unless you want to spend over 10K on each speaker you will have to get used the monitors you get.
I bought the Event PS8s last week. During the testing i listened to active reveals, the mackies, the behringers and the spirits. They all sound very different which made me ask the question, which one is right? answer- none!
you just have to get used to what ever you buy. Now i own a pair i wonder why they are such a discussed thing over alot of forums but before i did i spent about 4 months deciding."</b>

Very good point indeed. I went through the same experience w/ headphones. My room is small, 6'X10'. And what exactly is 'near field'?

Near field monitors are monitors desined to listen to at very close range (a few feet)......

You will definitely want to get opinions from Sjoko2, sonusman,bluebear sound, shailat, and a few other of the really experienced guys....the room size may be an issue...in my case I was advised on monitors with a weak bass response because of the poor acoustics....I chose Tannoy Proto-J's with a Hafler amp.....part of your $1000 budget may include some sound treatment.....

Back