Monitor Record level noise...

Rockr56

Hi, just got CEP installed, fired it up, checked Monitor Record level from the Options tab. When the Level meter came up it already showed a sound level although nothing was enabled, ie Mic or Line in. I muted the Mic line and disabled line in and the level went down a bit but not much.
My question is, is this soundcard/fan noise? I also use Guitar Tracks 2 and I don't have this problem there. I AM using the cheesy on board sound card. Oh, I also tried lowering the volumes in the Windows mixer but it didn't help. Thanks for responding.

that- my friend- is your noise floor- i got a delta 1010lt and it bounces around at -72db with nothin hooked up- not audible though- but of course, the lower your noise floor the better- where is it?- when i tryed this on my other puter-( AC97 onboard audio- I DO NOT USE THAT FOR ANY AUDIO- worthless!) it is was pretty loud and it was audible too. if its pretty high and audible it probably wont do you much good for recording- you can get a decent card for under $200 though, not bad considerin you can barely get a 4 track for that much. even the pci soundblaster that came with my puter didnt make that kinda noise- good luck-

-jeff

Back