Monitor Question

BudgetBeast

i am operating in a small bedroom environment and am looking at small desktop studio monitors. i realize that they
are not going to be near the caliber of proper studio monitors. but i'm kind of working with a limited budget. right
around $200 for a pair is what i'm looking to spend. i have looked at both the fostex pmo.4n monitors and the
m-audio av40 active studio monitors, and i was wondering if anybody on here had any positive or negative opinions
about either. i'm not looking for anything amazing. i just want the sound to translate reliably and as accurately as
possible within my budget to other speakers i.e. home theater, car, smartphones, tablets, etc. OR if there was
another pair of monitors in that price range you could recommend.

looking for set of headphones with the same qualifications for under $100.

all help is very much appreciated.

thanks!

budgetbeast

i am operating in a small bedroom environment and am looking at small desktop studio monitors. i realize that they
are not going to be near the caliber of proper studio monitors. but i'm kind of working with a limited budget. right
around $200 for a pair is what i'm looking to spend. i have looked at both the fostex pmo.4n monitors and the
m-audio av40 active studio monitors, and i was wondering if anybody on here had any positive or negative opinions
about either. i'm not looking for anything amazing. i just want the sound to translate reliably and as accurately as
possible within my budget to other speakers i.e. home theater, car, smartphones, tablets, etc. OR if there was
another pair of monitors in that price range you could recommend.

looking for set of headphones with the same qualifications for under $100.

all help is very much appreciated.

thanks!

budgetbeast

Look at a pair of JBL LSR-305 (~$300pair). They are a little more than your budget but more than worth saving extra for. I just bought a pair for a small mixing rig I use at home (away from my main studio) and I can't believe the sound and how well they translate. They will definitely get the job done!

I've got the M-Audio pair you posted and I'd recommend them. Good for the price, solid and very clear. Pleasantly surprised myself with the purchase. Think Youtube has some reviews - I recall browsing them. I'm -10 posts so cant link you unfortunately.

Back