monitor question

timnmelinda

First I want to thank everyone who has responded to my various questions, I am trying to learn and really appreciate your input, unfortunatley noone seems to answer this one for me.

We have a Behringer pmh 1000 mixer (On a budget so for the moment plan to use this mixer for live performing and home recording til I can purchase a mixer just for home recordingstudio)
What I am trying to figure is can I come out of the soundcard into the mixer and monitor through my passive monitors
Or do I have to by powered/active monitors and feed from the soundcard?
We are just starting out with the recording and have been spending lots so if i do not have to buy active monitors now it would help bunches

Thank you in advance
Tim

Heh, I meant to answer this part in the other thread, and forgot. Yes, you can connect two lines from the soundcard to the Behri mixer and monitor that way. That's how I do it with my Mackie 1604 and Layla soundcard. (Actually, I do both - I also have a pair of Wharfedale actives that are connected directly to another set of outs from the soundcard.) Just use one of the stereo line inputs.

Last edited:
Back