monitor choice

metropolis79

first thing that I've to say: I live in a small town in the North of Italy...and here we've only little music shops, so I haven't the possibility to "try before buy".

I'm going to buy a monitor system. a 2 sat + sub system, exactly.
I like very much the combo KRK v4 + v8S sub and Genelec 1029a (or maybe the newest 8030a!) + 7050A subwoofer.
I'm going to mix mainly two styles of music: rockmetal for my recording projects and electronica for jingles (music similar to fat boy slim, chemical brothers etc).

So I need a good bass response and good dynamics in the low range.

I've read that KRK is best suited for acoustic like music...is it true??

Which is the best for my music?

thanks in advance

Best for your music is accurate to the music you actually make. You want to make sounds that will sound great on any system, not just on certain setups. Both KRK and Genelec have nice reputations as being accurate monitors, with Genelec considered by many as being the best...

thanks...
is it true that the Genelec have more punch (speaking of percussive events) than the KRK?
For me the "punch" is important...for choosing, for example, the kick that "moves" more the song, the bass line that shake my bones;) etc!

Buying without listening is a difficult thing. The real test is if the "punch" is in the song, then it should be faithfully reproduced by the monitors. I can't say at all what specific characteristics the ones you're thinking of will have. But neutral accuracy is critical, or your songs will only sound good on your home system.

Back