moniter problems

tubesrawsom

Hey boys its been a while. Ive got an interesting problem. Here goes.
I have a pair(obviously) of behringer b2031s. When I turn them on, its beutiful, the little green light lights up, everyone is happy. Then I hit the play button. Everything is going well for about 25 seconds. Then suddenly out of nowhere the right moniter makes a startling poping noise and the red light pops on and the moniter is silent. Now when I turn it off then back on the same process accurs. Can anyone save me from this nightmare.

Tooooobes

(P.S. Parden the Speling :) )

sounds like its going into protect mode. Could be thermal . the bias on one of the internal amps may be way out causing the amp to shut down. Does the heatsink seem to be much hotter than the other one that is functioning propperly?

its not something user adjustable, you would have to bring them to a qualified repair man/woman or send them to behringer in seattle or if you are east coast to DBM. Its probably not that big of a deal if that is the problem. There maybe something wrong with one of the drivers probably the low if that is the case as another possibility to the problem. If the speaker coil is rubbing and causing a dead short than that may cause an amp to shut down as well

Back