Mod for homemade digital recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhorse

I found the "turn your 4-track cassette into an 8-track digital" link on the DIY page and have assembled the parts (toaster, FostexX-26, etc) to make my digital recorder. My question is, is it possible to substitute a Nintendo 64 pad for the mentioned game controller? If not, I've found sources for a Commodore 64 joystick, an Intellivision pad, and a Coleco joystick. They're pretty high dollar though! My cousin's got an old Pong controller but I can't talk him into coming off of it.

p.s. I just got the toaster. I tried an Easy Bake oven but no luck. Don't waste your time with those things!

[This message has been edited by crazyhorse (edited 01-03-2000).]

p.s.s.

I know you're thinking, "Easy Bake Oven, what the hell??!!??," right? I figured I could get some dedicated tube compression via the 100W bulb which of course leads to the inevitable question, frosted or regular? The manual says not to try long life, soft white, or different wattages.

In the end, I couldn't explain to my 6 year old why her oven was now on my soldering table! Oh well.
Any recomendations on a brand name toaster? Does a light/dark potentiometer have any bearing? Mine is a hand-me-down, only one side works.

Thanks for any input, I'm ready to slap this baby together and start recording! Those instructions were not the easiest thing to figure out though.

[This message has been edited by crazyhorse (edited 01-03-2000).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back