MM16 Firewire??? sigh...

bair_ohio

Ok...deep breaths...

So im recording my band last night and need to go past the 8 channels with preamps. I hook up my 8 channel JBL pre's into the board and all starts well. Yeah!!...Well shortly into recording the same stuff starts cropping up. I get this friggin squelching noise throught the stereo channels..Not the 8 pre's but the stereo. What is going on? Ive already sent this board back to Alesis and they claim there are no problems with it. It is just the stereo inputs. Anyone have an idea as to what the problem may be? This is really starting to piss me off. If its not the board then it must be my computer right?

Man your stories almost make me afraid to tunr mine on anymore for fear it's gonna blow up on me again...

Up until it started screaming at you how was it going recording 16 channels into your laptop..?? Bandwidth on the firewire good..?? What software you using now..??

--
Rob

Im using cubase sl3--bandwidth seems fine. Its just those friggin stereo inputs. I got everythign set up then I look at channels 9 and 10..the levels are jumping up and down..with no input source going, it is just this electronic screechy hiccup sound.

No, im treating the stereo channels as independent channels. Ive got a JBL 8 channel preamp that I send the signal into the stereo channels. Then I get the screeching. Of course the same thing happens when I use my electronic drums. The thing that irks me the most is that this board was already sent back to Alesis and they say that there is nothing wrong with it? I do not know what to do about it at this point.

Sounds to me like you might be overloading the stereo inputs.
What happens if you back off the gain on the JBL pre-amps or eliminate it entirely from the signal chain?

Was messing around with mine last night and after it had been on about two hours the sound out went all to hell.. The sound would just spit and pop at you on off on off on off... Not recording a thing.. Basically just using it as a sound card to power the monitors for music... I just shut things down and went on to bed

This thing is getting to rediculous for words at this point..

Will crank it back up this weekend sometime and see if the problem repeats itself.. I guess if it does, I'll be on the horn with Alesis on Monday and see what they can do about it.. I swear if I have to send it back again (3rd time in 6 months), I'm gonna just ask for them to buy the thing back.. Not that I expect them to of course, but if you don't ask, they can't tell you no... For $600 this thing should NOT be this big of a problem.

--
Rob

Back