Mixing Vocals With Sends and Buses Help !

daChayce

Whats up guys, I've been watching a ton of videos in regards to buses and sends and kind of got the hand of it. However, I came across this mixing vocals with waves plugins featuring Yoad Nevo. In the the video he has a single mono audio track and 4 auxes. He put different plugins on each aux track and then in his mono track, he has 4 different sends. I tried doing this in my sends but when i send to bus 1-2, i can only hear that. I try to send to bus 3-4 too and it doesn't get any playback. Also, his aux inputs are 35,36,37,38. How does he get it to just one number and not something like 35-36. His sends on the the audio track are the same way. I know it sounds mad confusing but i put the video link below. Its an hour long so if you just skip through and see what Im talking about I'd appreciate it. Please help cuz Im trying to learn to efficiently use these buses and sends.

Mixing Vocals with Waves - a Webinar with Yoad Nevo - YouTube

Thanks guys. Hope to get some feedback cuz im super confused.

Hi,

In Protools you should have a list like this

• bus 1+2
  • bus1
  • bus2
  • bus 3+4
  • bus 3
  • bus 4
  • etc

You should be able to select a mono bus or stereo bus, regardless of what type of audio track/aux tracks you're running.

By default the faders are pulled down on sends, I think.
Each time you insert a send, the little fader will show up for it. You need to pull that up and set it to pre or post.
When you insert a new send, you'll see, what appears to be, the same fader; but actually it's a fader for the new send.

I've always wished for a flip-to-sends option so all send faders can be viewed simultaneously.
I believe the option exists with hardware control surfaces.

If you accidentally pipe your sends to audio tracks instead of aux tracks, you won't hear anything unless you're in record mode, depending on your settings. Perhaps you've done that?

Any use?

Back