mixing tip

Kevin Blight

Now THAT is a good tip. Trouble is I'm still 'thinking analog' and not digital 'cos I've only gone digital the last couple of months. Thanx!I can see how that has great potential.

Sorry guys - the tip refers to Texasroadkills reply in the AWG16 thread above - to cut and paste sections of a stereo track to get a completed mix. I made a new thread in error. It's still a bloody good idea tho.

Yo Kev:

I'm not sure here but can you "cut and paste" with the AW16?

I know you can edit to some degree as I can with the 2816. But, I don't edit. I just do the track over until I get it right. Too much trouble to edit with the 2816.

I guess the PC programs are very good when it comes to the edit mode.

But, "cut & paste" sounds like PC stuff to me.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Let us know.

Green Hornet:p :D :p

Aloa Jake:

I just scanned the index of my manual for the 2816 -- there is no "CUT & PASTE" dialog in there.

The 2816 is not a PC, no big screen. No Windows program. It has its own program.

So, anyone out there who uses the 2816, can it "CUT & PASTE" by itself? Or is the editing for the unit just that -- editing.

Green Hornet :D :p :p :cool:

Well I never use those things so I could indeed be way the hell off there. It seems like, back in the day when I was shopping around for one, they all had cut and paste editing. I don't see why they wouldn't have that ability in a digital workstation...it IS digital after all.

"Yamaha AW4416HDCD
Industry standard 24 bit 16 track hard disk workstation with (up to) 44 input digital mixer derived form Yamaha's famous 02R console. Full moving-fader automation and cut & paste editing make this a professional 'all-in-one' studio solution. Also comes with an internal CD writer for mastering and backing-up."

So is it only the 4416 then that has cut and paste?

Back