Mixing secrets by sonusman

chessrock said:
It's okay. I wouldn't admit to it either.

Why wouldn't you admit to that? Because you don't like her music?

That has zero relevance to mixing. Producing, yes (for me, although not for all producers). Mixing, no. Liking her music would have no relevance. How much money I can charge, and how many records I'm offered in a year has everything to do with the amount of successful albums I had the year before. Successful works, gets me more work. Mixing an album takes me about a week to a week-and-a-half. So long as there is something redeeming about the music, I can and will mix it.

Since I mix for a living, it is a business, and there is no embarassment in mixing a hit album. None. No matter how shitty you, or even I, might think it is, there are millions that love it. One should never be embarassed about working on a successful album. Never.

Regardless, in my last post, I have made two statements of fact. You can believe them or not. But don't think for a moment that I would be embarrassed about a successful album on my discography.

Enjoy,

Mixerman

Just kidding, Mix. It's a great gig if you can land it.

I'd love to engineer on her stuff. In fact, I'd let her have sex with me ... in exchange for letting me desecrate her record. Pro bono.

I would even let her kid sister join in, because I'm a nice guy.

:D

chessrock said:
Just kidding, Mix. It's a great gig if you can land it.

I'd love to engineer on her stuff. In fact, I'd let her have sex with me ... in exchange for letting me desecrate her record. Pro bono.

I would even let her kid sister join in, because I'm a nice guy.

:D

i dont think she has a kid sister......

Hilary Duff is the retro-shit. I bang the shit outta that laguna beach theme song in my car that only has one speaker! Plus her mixes sound fucking good to the core, plus I'd like to touch every sexual organ on her body.

Mixerman said:
...But don't think for a moment that I would be embarrassed about a successful album on my discography.

Does that mean that...*Edited at the request of the management*... because that is something I can totally respect! Full props good sir.

Cheers,
Aardvark

AardvarkPSW said:
Does that mean you're prepared to admit you mixed {removed by moderator} album, because that is something I can totally respect! Full props good sir.

Cheers,
Aardvark

Okay, you got me on that one. But that's the ONLY one!

Mixerman

I'm assuming this is all in good fun, so I'm going to carry on. Mixerman seems to have a good sense of humour ...

You've never worked with Hilary Duff. With the amount of input I would imagine she has over her 'sound', it is quite possible one could mix her entire album without ever once having to work with her. Just a thought. :)

Chessie, that would be Haylie Duff, who's 20....Hillary is just 18.....

incidentally, they sang together on a cover of "Our Lips Are Sealed" which is a very nice production.....you should check it out......

Gidge, you know way too much about this shit.

And yes, I've heard that beacon of engineering / production / mixing wizardry of "Our Lips are Sealed."

It is, in a word, STUNNING~!

no big surprise but ATR has taken down the photo of Mixerman.......

i have a few more pieces of "evidence" you might wanna get taken down Mixerman.....PM me if ya want one.....ill only charge the low low price of an autographed copy of the book...... :D

it was a very true statement.....i didnt say i had a problem with it...... ;)

Disney chicks Gidge likes :

Hilary Duff
Haylie Duff
Christy Carlson Romano
Ashley Tisdale
Tia and Tamera Mowrey
Aly and A.J. Michalka
Ashley Leggat
Jasmine Richards

just to name a few......

Back