Mixing, Mastering Software with MIDI control...?

Promythia

Hello again, has anyone seen this new MIDI controller that's out, the Novation Remote SL something or other that has two LCD's that display what function the knobs and do-dads do. Sounds pretty sweet, but kind of expensive right now.

Anyway, in theory lets say I'm using Sonar 5.x and using my US-2400 for panning and levels, etc. I could then use this Novation controller to automate EQ, filters, etc. I've had a lot of VST's and DXi's in the past, but don't really recall any of them having a 'learn' ability or anything to assign controller knobs to parameters. I'm kind of MIDI brain dead though.

Anyway, the question is, does anyone know of a mixing/mastering plug-in package that has hardware control? That'd be sweet. Thanks again!

Most name-brand multitrack editing software is MIDI controllable, but plug-ins themselves - being that they are plug-ins and not actual stand-alone applications - are not directly midi-controllable, to the best of my knowledge. However, that does not exclude the possibility that the host application may include some generic MIDI-controllable hooks that allow for some general plug-in conrol such as enable/bypass, wet/dry mix, etc. You'd have to research the capabilities of the various editors for that possibility.

G.

Back