Mixing Classical Music. Pls help.

FreddyG

Hi there,
Being a big fan of Classical Music, I made a few drafts of this kind trying to reproduce the atmosphere of movies sountrack and orchestras. However when still MIDI it sounds well, after I export to an audio file, it becomes "flat" and it looses the dyamics. What should I do? Thank you.

Freddy G
www.freddymusicstudio.com

P.S. Whoever is interested, can listen to some examples on my site on the Classical and New Stuff categories

I don't use MIDI, but for handling audio files the Waves linear multiband compressor can expand existing dynamics if you desire, rather than compress them. It doesn't sound as natural as if the dynamics were there originally, but it can make a lifeless or overcompressed track sound more dynamic.

Tim

Hi Tim,
Thank you for your answer, however it looks that you haven't heard my stuff . Anyhow from what I know the compressor "compresses" the dynamics, and I'm not sure exactely what you ment by telling me to use that to expand the dynamics of my sound.
Never the less, great music onto your site, I used to play once classical guitar....

Sincerely,
FreddyG

Yeah, I listened to some of your music. The particular compressor I mentioned has settings that can be used to expand the dynamics rather than compress them. If you look at the Waves website there's info on its use that way.

Tim

Back