Mixing and Mastering

Blue Bear Sound said:
Actually - yes! And another hotkey for the headphone Mixing article! ;)

Looks like my next hotkey needs to be the one pointing out the differences between an SM57 and a 58!!! :p :p

I am starting a new solemn brother/sisterhood, kind of like the Nice Brigade, except we aren't nice. To join, you have to swear allegiance to our charter, which requires that whenever someone asks or recommends the 57 be used for a particular application, you have to vociferously object and insist on the 58.

And vice versa :D

Blue Bear Sound said:
By all means - if you get some free time and you're near the airport, give me a buzz....
THAT's what that strange rumble is on all of his recordings! :eek:

I'm joking, I'm joking... :D

I just listened to the recordings and liked them both alot. All i have to say, as i am probably the biggest noob here, is that you may think that way about the songs just because its you who did it all. Maybe youre just being your own hardest critic about your songs...im sure weve all done it before.

Have you ever heard of Warren Zevon? He's a legend and you really have a very similar quality to your voice. Check him out. I think you'll dig him.

Warren Zevon.... unfortunately I'm one of those people who associates him with Werewolves of London. He's someone I have just never listened to, but I do know that he is very highly regarded, so I will pick some up. Thanks.

Back