Mixes for Now That I Found Love by IDO57

rayc

retroreprobate
I LOVE Ido1957's songs & was excited to have a play with a mix. I didn't do too much - dirtied up the guitars to give them some cut through and that's about it from the usual sprinkle of comp & verb where I felt inclined.
Here it is anyway - could suss out where to put it - Mods please shift it if I'm wrong!
View attachment (NT) IFL raycmx.mp3

[Mod Edit: Done - Thanks Ray]

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE Ido1957's songs & was excited to have a play with a mix. I didn't do too much - dirtied up the guitars to give them some cut through and that's about it from the usual sprinkle of comp & verb where I felt inclined.
Here it is anyway - could suss out where to put it - Mods please shift it if I'm wrong!
View attachment 75497

This can be the thread - maybe the mods can change the title a bit so we know it`s here....
Lots of little differences that add to the song. The bass is Really nice - punchy but not boomy. I`d love to know what you`ve used cause I need to work on bass most of all. I also like the subtle dirt on the guitars, and they are more the focus but I don`t miss the piano`s heavy plunking. Vocals sound good too - I know where it used to poke out and it`s not doing that now. Like I said - it`s got some subtle differences but they each improved the mix with its changes. Thanks!

I really liked this song as well and alot of fun with it. I replaced the two guitar parts with an acoustic track and two separate electric tracks. i also added organ and vocal harmonies. Which need to be sung!!! So Ido1957, if u want to sing the harmonies and send a track, I'd be more than happy to drop it in. I felt that the song needed some dynamic range in it. So i added and took out instruments in various parts of the song to try to get some variation. i also added the stops, which I really like. Very fun, thanks for posting the tracks.
E

Attachments

• Now That I Found Love 11-3-12.mp3
    9.1 MB · Views: 80
Elton123 - This now has the "wow factor" . You've added so many great new tracks and brought it up to a whole new level. This is what everyone was looking for and what was missing in the original mix. I love what you've done with it. :D

PS - my wife loved it when she heard it - plus points!

Elton123 - This now has the "wow factor" . You've added so many great new tracks and brought it up to a whole new level. This is what everyone was looking for and what was missing in the original mix. I love what you've done with it. :D

PS - my wife loved it when she heard it - plus points!

Right on. Sing those harmony parts and I'll fly them in.

Elton123,
That's a remix in the modern sense of club music - adding instruments & cutting about.
Works a real treat.
There's a definite need for harmonies & a lead line in the original; two things that Ido is great at so he's no excuse now.
Good stuff.

Cool song, Ido, and great mixes from Ray and Elton! The only constructive critique that I have is that the vocals could be louder in the mixes. Nice performance!

Cheers,
Joseph

Well i've said before i have never mixed anything, i'm still trying to get tracking right(well what i'm happy with, which i suppose will be right!!) but i love watching, listening,hopefully learning what you guys are doing it's really amazing!(what Elton123 did took me by surprise!) I LOVE THIS, THANK YOU ALL!.

I really like this song. I would love to get my hands on the individual drum tracks. I think some things could be improved there. I would also open it up to anyone that has any musical ideas or parts. A better acoustic part, guitar, bass, harmonies, whatever. I'd gladly mix them in. I like the idea of a collaborative effort here. I'm also game for putting up my tracks if someone wants them.
I want to be clear that the parts I took out were fine parts, just not what I was hearing for the song and I'm not by any means saying my ideas are the right ones. I really enjoyed working on this. Very fun and want to do more for sure as time allows.

Elton's right - fun to do because the song talks and if we listen we can interpret.
I'd love to do parts but would need chord chats etc as my ear is tin for tone. Also, I did what the song told me at the time so no need to go back for this little black duck.

Elton's right - fun to do because the song talks and if we listen we can interpret.
I'd love to do parts but would need chord chats etc as my ear is tin for tone. Also, I did what the song told me at the time so no need to go back for this little black duck.

Lyrics/Chords are attached here for anyone who wants to add tracks and needs them....

Attachments

• Now That I've Found Love 2.doc
    44 KB · Views: 15
ido, such a cool little song! Is it you on vox? I love the vocal timbre - reminds me very much of Cat Stevens.

Paul

Now That I Find Love

1st attempt at mixing.
Hope it does not offend. Let me know of any questions or tips.
Thanks,
BB

Attachments

• Birdbrain Mix NTIFL by IDO.mp3
    5 MB · Views: 15
Here's my stab at it

I added a little EQ, compression and a touch of reverb. See if you like or don't!
Dave

Attachments

• DBMix.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
Birdbrain,
You're half way to a Twin Peaks Soundtrack version.
The idea of slowing the song down to be more balladic is interesting but it seems to play havooc with reverb.
I don't really understand the panning of vocals to the side about half way through.
Very interesting but might need some tweaking.
dbogdan,
Your treatment of Elton's rerecording/remix certainly livened it up a bit. What did you do?

Cool!

Hi! I just had to register last night because I wanted to mix some stuff :)

This is my version of IDO57's great song, which kinda' reminds me of James Blunt.

Heavily scaled down because IMHO the vocals and bass are what makes this track. I also spent a few hours chopping up the bassguitar, to get it to sync with midiclick. Lots of comp on the vocals to get it upfront, which makes it sound really digitized and horrible but IMHO it really needs to be in your face. And then some softsynths and a cheezy guitar solo. The guitar comes in and replaces the vox in a section where I thought the vocals weren't holding up (not bad, just a bit strained & off)

I have some good analog gear but I haven't patched it up yet, so I mixed ITB in Cubase 5.1 on headphones (bass and reverb might be heavily off...).

I hope you like it!

This is in the polar opposite direction of Elton's but is equally a terrific reading/interpretation. My only concern is the the finish - I wouldn't have chosen those coiuple of bass notes if I were doing such a radical rworking. They are out of character with the rest of the remix/rework.
Excellent stuff otherwise.
I think uploaders should be quite specific about whether they want a mix done by another set of ears or a remix which these days includes rerecording etc.

Back