Mixers

lookout

What Mixer Should I Get

I don't know what mixer to go for. I've got about $200 to $400 to spend. I'm going to be doing computer recording and need a good basic mixer for pre-amps and control. I'm thinking about Behringer. They've got one that's around $400 that would be useful for both recording and possibly for live sound. For now, I've got to try to find one that would meet both purposes. I just don't know how Behringer's quality stacks up against Mackie or Tascam or some of the others. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I would go with a mackie in your situation. Beringher is a rip-off of mackie. Which tascam were you looking at?

BROTHER.....IN YOUR SITUATION LIKE AMETTH SIAD. GO WITH THE MACKIE, THE 1202 VLZ PRO....IT HAS ALOT OF FEATURES, A GOOD PRICE($350) AND SOME OF THE BEST MIC PRES U CAN GET ON A MIXER IN THAT PRICE RANGE.

Yes, I would say go for that Mackie also. They're very versatile and easy to use. Mine doesn't add any noise when doing digital recording, at least not much noise.

Treble-Are you Hulk Hogan?...because you type like he talks!

good enought.

well, I will go for Behringer,
I can´t afford a mackie, and I need 8 ins xlr and the direct outs... also 4 subgroups for mix.
the only thing that SUCKS! it that it has not on/off switch.

there are some threads about the quality of behringer, mmmmmm, maybe its not a mackie, but I thimk it can make and exellent job if you know exactly what you are doing (levels, mic placement, etc...).

and, if I get a mackie, I will be forced to charge more to the bands in my homestudio.

also, check out the SOUNDCRAFT fx8 and the otherones, they are good options for us, in this range...

http://www.spiritbysoundcraft.com/

Check e-bay and other place for something used, you can get a good deal. But yes go Mackie! I got a 1402 VLZ used for $300. Not having an on off switch isn't really a big deal, but the thing that I don't like about the Behringers is that it has an external power supply. I wouldn't want to deal with some bulky wall-wart :(.

-jhe

Back