mixer question

mr. produca

i said in an earlier post that a friend of mine had a band that he wanted to record,my question what size mixer would be appropriate for the task.thier dominican so they like thier band music. theres about 4 or 5 of them.
1 on drums,1 on the keyboard,1 on electric guitar,1 possibly on acoustic and 1 on bass but they might throw in some maracas and who knows what else!!
what size mixer will handle this task,these guys practise alot and consider themselves perfectionist(i hope i got that right)i told him when i get a hold of some gear he could come and do some recording,there are quite a few bands looking to record!! i think ill have to redirect them :( because i have no experience at recording bands or the funds for such a board. but the reason i asked the question is becaus e they want to get some gear thierselves,they basicallly know what they need (basically :D ) but they would like to know what size mixer is best,they arent tight on budget, together they scraped together about 7gs for it.help me help these guys out!!!!!

It depends on wether you're going to record them all at the same time or individually. If you're doing them individually you're probably gonna want atleast 5 or so mic inputs to do drums. If you're doing them all at the same time you'll probably need 16-24 channels.

Back