Mixer Problems

knightknife

Ok so I just bough ta peavey pv8 usb and I am having trouble running the monitors through it how I want. I have 2 krk rokit 5's and I have them currently hooked up via balanced trs cable into the "mon send" on the mixer. This is good for turning down the monitors while recording, but when I play back what i have recorded, it only plays through the head phones. I can hook up where it does play back through the monitors by running them through the "main outs" or "ctrl room". The only problem with those two is that i cannot turn the monitors down while recording, well only with the master volume slider, but then nothing records if i do that. When they are run through the "ctrl room" output, the volume is same for the headphones and the monitors. So if i turn the headphones down then the monitors will be to, but then i cant hear while im recording.

So, with that said. How would i run the monitors so that i can turn them down wile recording but still have the headphone volume , and have them playback what i have recorded on the computer. I am very pissed with myself that I cannot figure this out.

If this is confusing, feel free to ask me to try and clarify.

Well it seems that your mixer only records from the master therefore when the master is turned down you wont get a signal to the comp. Also in play back its only a stereo return to the main therefore you wont hear anything if you plug the krks to the mon send since they are only routed to the monitor mix on each channel, not the main mix (where the computer is routed to, hence you can only hear through headphones and not mon send). it seems that they routed the main outs and control outs very inconveniently the only suggestions I have is to either unplug the krks when recording or setup another mixer to control the krks. Hope this helps:)

Just turn the monitors off when recording? That what I do and you don't want the signal going through to many mixers and amps before reaching the monitors...

Back