Mixer / Monitor Solution

Is there a mixer / monitor plugin for Audition that works well? I'm going to purchase a presonus firepod soon and will be looking to take signals via firewire directly into Audition. I know there are products that help with this issue (the Behringer BCF2000) but I'd like to give a software solution a shot before purchasing another unit.

I'm not sure I follow the question. The firepod will hopefully come with its own mixer app and an appropriate driver - so long as it isn't Asio-only, it should be fine with Audition. But maybe someone actually using one will come along.

Thanks. I know it does come with Cubase Le which I guess I can use to capture the waveforms and then edit them down with Audition. I hear Cubase is somewhat limited though....I'd rather send it right to Audition.

Re: Firepod

The Firepod works great with Audition. You will have no need to track in Cubase. Just set the Firepod up like they say, assign each input of the Firepod to the tracks in Audition. In Audtion,go to track 1. Click on input 1,Select Firepod or Firebox, click L, R, St., 16 or 32 bit,etc.. , and your good to go. The Firepod and Firebox come with a software mixer. Its main purpose is for monitoring. I run everthing on a older Gateway laptop, and everything runs smooth. Hope this helps.

Back