Mixer/Input Recording

robbyrobmusik

Ok i got finnishedi installing everything the way it is described on the picutre below.

I connected everything. everything works great and i see myself spending endless nights trying to figure out every little knob on this mixer.. lol

I started up various DAW and i cant record. One of them told me "The audio input is not activated. Recoding audio is not possible. check your input configuration."

Im using the M-audio 2496. I went into the audio cards configuration but couldnt figure it out.

rob

nmodisetupsmallil7.jpg

Have you installed the latest m-audio drivers for that specific card? Have you checked if the device is working properly/installed properly?

(ie. for windows - right click 'my computer' -> Properties -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager -> "m-audio device here")

I don't really have any experience as such with the audiophile 24/96, i have a delta 1010, i changed PCI slots and mine worked fine.

I checked the Device Manager and did see the card there. I can hear audio from the monitors through the mixer. only thing i cant seem to get the input to work.. Let me try to see if i can find a driver upgrade.

Rob

Use the asio drivers in the cubase software under the audio system setup. Your problem is either the internal software mixer that comes with the audiophile isn't set to record the alt3/4 from your behringer or your behringer isn't sending out a signal to the alt channel because you haven't selected it to. I can't see the buttons on the behringer in the picture but one should route the alt 3/4 channel and that needs to be selected to get signal to those outputs. After you make sure that is happening then open up your mixer in the software from the audiophile and tell it to record line in.

Does the software see the midi?

Ny i tried to run the Cubase asio drivers and got a error saying "The test was not successful. The current setup did not produce reliable sync."

I have enclosed a pic of the actual mixer for your to see more clear. Now i noticed when i press the mute in 7/8 it activated the submix fader and i beleive that is what sends the signal out i might be wrong.

I went into the M-audio control pannel and i must just be blind or stupid cause i cant find anything to help me out with that. I have also attached the 4 main tabs of the audiophile software

thanks

rob

https://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1401/mixercm2.jpg

Attachments

• 1 (Small).JPG
    1 (Small).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 2 (Small).JPG
    2 (Small).JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 3 (Small).JPG
    3 (Small).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 4 (Small).JPG
    4 (Small).JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 276
ok i think i got what you were saying about making sure i would touch the correct button so that the sound card could get the input from the mixer. check this out. first pic is of the mixer playing a mp3 without the mute button pressed. notice how the far right cornor is not active.(pic1) Once i press the mute/alt 3-4 button i see that the far right turns on.(pic2) Is this the signal you were talking about?

Attachments

• mp3 (Small).JPG
    mp3 (Small).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 276
  • mp32 (Small).JPG
    mp32 (Small).JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 274
Still looking but I can see so far you should be going from tape out to the sound card.

Scratch that, I just got a shot of the erear view. I was thinking the rear outputs were inserts jacks like they have on larger consoles.

thanks for the manual.

but i must say i am a dumb ass. sometimes when you are in something you feel is so overwellming that you think the answer is soo complicated that you forget that small things.

I figuered out the problem.

1. I had to press the mute/alt 3-4 button on the mic channel to send that singnal to the sound card.

2. this makes me feel like a dumb ass!!! Select the audio card from your proggies hardware set-up. mine was selected to windows audio instead of M-Audio.

I can now record!!

:)

Back