Mixer for Tascam 38

guildguitars

Hello everyone,

I posted a similar question a few weeks ago. I own a fully refurbished Tascam 38 and I am looking for a mixer. I know that I can use a Tascam m30, m35, m208, m308 which are all designed to work well with the Tascam 38.

I am interested in possibly buying a Ramsa WR-s4416 which is a 16 channel mixer with direct outs on all channels. The problem is that the Tascam 38 has all inputs and outputs with RCA connections. The Ramsa Is balanced on all of the inputs which are XLR or TRS phone plug but are electronically balanced. The direct out jacks are ¼" phone jacks and are -2 db, 10 kohms, unbalanced and can be used for connecting to a tape recorder.

What kind of audio snake and what kind of connectors will work to hook up the 38 to the Ramsa mixer?

Do I need to be concerned about going from the RCA out (unbalanced) from the 38 back to the input on the Ramsa which is balanced?

I think I can order an RCA to ¼" snake which will be unbalanced and that could work but I just want to check with you all to see if I might be making a mistake.

I guess I could just decide to go with a vintage Tascam mixer as I know it will be compatible.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help!

Peter

Back