Mixer :D

fazil

Maybe it's been asked before alot but i couldn't find anything that answers my question :/ i'm looking for a descent preamp, 4 bus mixer, 8-16 channels
I was thinking about the behringer MX2442A, UB2442FX or the mackie CFG12.
I know lots of people like picking on like almost every behringer product, but i really would like an fair answer.
Any other suggestions are welcome, alltough i would like to stay under 800bucks.
It'll be used for live aswell as recording mixer

When it comes to NEW mixers in that price range, Behringer is your only choice.

Yamaha has also recently brought out a new series, MG, mainly made for live work, but they should work for recording too, they are a bit more expensive than the Behringer stuff.

Other than that you have to go second hand.

I don't ever hear anyone on this BBS mention Crate Pro Audio mixers. I'm using one that's about 3-4 years old and it works great! It's a CSM12 channel.
all channels supplied with phantom power. Has main outs, 4 aux sends, PFL out, Mix out, etc. you can read about it here

http://www.crateproaudio.com/products/stereo_console_mixers/csx12.html

CSX8 Eight Mic Channels, Two Stereo Channels List $449.99B
CSX12 Twelve Mic Channels, Four Stereo Channels List $549.99B
CSX16 Sixteen Mic Channels, Four Stereo Channels List $699.99B

that's retail, you can find online for around 30% off.
http://www.pulseonline.com/cratepro15.htm

It worth checking out. Alternative to Behr.

are you sold on NEW?

if not, check out a used mackie 24*4 which is a bit bigger than you're looking for (love mine)....or maybe the mackie 1624vlzpro would do close to what you want it to. or maybe something along the lines of one of the various Soundcrafts that are out there--folks here love their soundcrafts.

IMO, you'd be ruling out a lot of potential great scores for under $800 if you didn't look used. there's not much out there in "new".

wade

yeah i know but, i live in belgium. There's like only 2 descent 2hand shops in my region so haven't got much choice. I'm shure i'll fiend something on ebay asswel but most people don't ship outside the states.

I'm kind of in the same situation. I'm tending to lean more toward the Carvin stuff. Anyone have any opinions, yeah right, on Carvin's mixers?

Back