Mixdown Question

KiFF BluEs

If I have a song that only has midi tracks in it, am I not able to do an Audio Mixdown? Do I have to do a Midi Export? And what's the difference between type 0 and 1 midi?

Wait..nvm...I don't think that's the problem. My problem is I recorded a song with one midi track and when I exported the mixdown there was no sound. I think this might be because the midi was from GigaStudio's VST so I was in Rewire Mode. So...why am I getting no sound when I export this song?

Is there some special way to export songs from cubase when using instruments from another program or something???

EDIT: I was able to export it. I just had to change one of the outs for for the midi track for some reason. However, it's all choppy...why is it doing this!

Last edited:
I'm really sorry for posting 3 times in a row, but it's been 3 days so I figured it wouldn't do any harm to bring this back up.

I still need help. I exported my rewire midi track using audio mixdown but it skips and is all choppy. Can anyone help me please?

i'm guessing yes, but are your rewire channels turned on in cubase?

list the specs of your hardware and software.

I'm using Cubase LE and GigaStudio LE. I use GigaStudio's "GigaPiano" for my song, therefore GigaStudio is in "rewire mode" and the rewire channels are turned on in Cubase.

As for Hardware, I'm using the TASCAM US-122 interface.

Anything else you need to know to help solve the problem?

EDIT: What's realtime mixdown? Is that in Cubase LE??

Back