Mixdown device

Tapehead

I have an analog setup (16 track TASCAM MSR 16) and I'd appreciate any suggestions on what people are using as a mixdown device these days. I don't have a PC in my studio and don't want one there so it would have to be some other type of device (preferably not too expensive) but it need not be analog either. Basically something that's sonically good and reliable Thanks...!

I like and use a Pioneer stand alone CD recorder deck. In addition to also owning 2 DAT's, 2 Mini-Disc's and a really high end cassette deck, I find the Pioneer sounds best and is easiest to take back to my computer elsewhere in the house and touch up the tracks from there with some neater cropping at the head and tail of the tracks.

I have a 16 track, TASCAM also. Mine's the MS-16 a one inch version of your machine only way bigger and heavier.

Cheers! :)

Thanks for sharing your experience--exactly what I was looking for. Gotta love those old Tascams--I got mine in mint condition off Ebay and I really like this unit. I'll check out the Pioneer.

Back