mixcraft vs sampletude 11...the bitter truth

nodoubt45

just dloaded stude 11 demo.....big mistake....i really hate to say it, but it makes the audio on mixcraft sound like poo-poo.......i had both open, ran the old test 123, same mike, same levels , same everything thru both......stude absolutly sounds about 10 times better....the reverbs and efects are WAYYYY above what mixcraft has.....ran it up against reaper the same way.....reaper was way closer but still not there.....what gives.....is it just that much better of a program or what?? guess it better be for the money they want for it.....ughhhh...anyways....just thought id air that out what i found.....better start collecting cans......:eek::laughings:

All I know is...
I have been a happy Samplitude user for many years.(V. 6.04)
I have tried Reaper and I have not given it a fair shake because of its lack of editing features at the time I tried it.

Reaper is the choice for you my friend. They have upgraded a lot. It's cheaper than Mixcraft too. Also, it depends on the type of music you record. If you deal with a lot of mics and real audio things, then go Reaper. If you use a lot of synths and virtual instruments, Mixcraft's MIDI editing is a lot better.

Good luck with your decision.

Samplitude simply rocks. It is a one of the best DAW application, IMO, on the market. Not cheap, but the ease of use and straight forward approach to work flow make it worth it.

Samplitude kicks ass...one of the best audio engines out there.

Been using it for about 8 years now.... :cool:

If it sounds better, it's in the playback engine and not the actual editing engine. Several null tests have been run on all the major editor labels, including Samplitide, and the results have consistently shown that there is no difference between editor engines. Put another way, if Samplitude sounds better, it's doing so by having a different-sounding playback, not by actually having a better-sounding editor.

G.

But even sound quality aside...IMO...Samplitude is a superior audio editor.

The Object editing approach alone is worth the price of admission.
But Samplitude may not be the best choice if you are very MIDI or Loop focused VS actual audio recording/editing, though the later versions have tried to be "something for everyone" :( ...which I personally don't need, and would prefer that Samplitude remained a pure audio editor...
...but still, it's a great app.

I've been riding an older version for awhile now, because the upgrades didn't add anything that would really improve my workflow and SOP...though I think I may just get the 11 upgrade so as not to fall too far behind everyone else, which makes it hard to ask questions and discuss issues on the Samplitude boards.

But even sound quality aside...IMO...Samplitude is a superior audio editor.

The Object editing approach alone is worth the price of admission.
But Samplitude may not be the best choice if you are very MIDI or Loop focused VS actual audio recording/editing, though the later versions have tried to be "something for everyone" :( ...which I personally don't need, and would prefer that Samplitude remained a pure audio editor...
...but still, it's a great app.

I've been riding an older version for awhile now, because the upgrades didn't add anything that would really improve my workflow and SOP...though I think I may just get the 11 upgrade so as not to fall too far behind everyone else, which makes it hard to ask questions and discuss issues on the Samplitude boards.

the reverbs in 11 to my ears are as good or better than anything i have heard yet....i winder if they do their own or if its somebody elses programs....

They hired (Sascha?) the guy who did the Digital FishPhones plugs around V9. I hardly ever touch even my UAD plugs anymore.

just dloaded stude 11 demo.....big mistake....i really hate to say it, but it makes the audio on mixcraft sound like poo-poo.......i had both open, ran the old test 123, same mike, same levels , same everything thru both......stude absolutly sounds about 10 times better....the reverbs and efects are WAYYYY above what mixcraft has.....ran it up against reaper the same way.....reaper was way closer but still not there.....what gives.....is it just that much better of a program or what?? guess it better be for the money they want for it.....ughhhh...anyways....just thought id air that out what i found.....better start collecting cans......:eek::laughings:

wow.............you...............R..........like............rlLy............smart.........n.......stuff.............dude............thanks............for............da.............^d8.........

Back