Mix This! gospel rock by A.J. and The Variety Band in Austin TX

Manor Music

Reach Out! and call out His name
while you mix down these 12 tracks...acoustic guitar, electric, a few sax tracks....it's a family band...

I didnt care for the saxophone parts ...
Augie's son played the first track...I asked him to play another run-thru and try to offset from his first run.
BTW i threw out a lot of the sax on my mix

Let the big guy upstairs guide you...

Attachments

• acoustic.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 45
  • bass.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 37
  • guitar.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 37
  • kickdrum.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 38
  • Overhead L.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 33
  • Overhead R.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 34
  • sax 1.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 31
  • sax 2.mp3
    5.5 MB · Views: 32
  • snare.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 35
  • tom hi.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 30
  • tom low.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 32
  • vocals.mp3
    5.1 MB · Views: 39
Reach Out! and call out His name
while you mix down these 12 tracks...acoustic guitar, electric, a few sax tracks....it's a family band...

I didnt care for the saxophone parts ...
Augie's son played the first track...I asked him to play another run-thru and try to offset from his first run.
BTW i threw out a lot of the sax on my mix

Let the big guy upstairs guide you...
Can you tell me what the BPM is?

just a very quick stripped down oldschool hardpanning mix just for fun. took out the electric guitar most of the time, sorry :thumbs up:

Attachments

• reachout192.mp3
    7.3 MB · Views: 60
I spent most of my time trying to correct some timing issues, well you start with a little then you end up having to get everything else synchronized. One are still doesn't sound quiet right, but here is my crack at it.

View attachment Reach Out.mp3

thought the timing of the tracks was totally allright. sounded like humans playing
but your "timing corrected" mix seems off

Last edited:
He won't even bother to check back to hear the mixes, I wouldn't worry about it.

Very nice song. Possible guitar solo should be louder, if you want it higher so I can fix it.

Last edited:
Thank you for letting me know, It's a shame but someone might like it.

Thank you for your comment.
I did feel this song got a little repetitive and a could have done with more variation and dynamics. Because it is a worship song I felt it might get away with it and just mix it straight.
I will have another listen to the track and maybe do a remix taking on board your comment.

Back