Mix opinions wanted...

Shiny Rhino

Hey,

Just finishing a new song up for a client and am still getting used to my new room. What are your thoughts on this mix? (Specifically the overall frequency distribution, as well as perhaps the bottom & top end definition)

Thanks.

No One Said Clip

Last edited:
Sounds good to my ears too, don't feel so much luck of level on backing vocals from my point o view.

Barring BG vox, The only issues I feel there could be, is perhaps a db or 2, too loud on bass guitar and that the snare cymbals are slightly too bright. But that may just be on my stereo system here at home. I don't have a great stereo system for listening to mixes outside my studio. Sounds good in the studio though, but still concerned about translation, as I've only done 3 songs in my new space.

I thought this sounded pretty good, although I wish there was a long clip to get a better feel for what's going on.

I think I agree with Mr. Rhino above in that something is odd with the bass (I kind of like it, but it is a bit prominent and has a tone that I think would cut through sufficiently with less volume), and also the cymbals seemed a bit thin and and/or too bright.

I guess in general I thought the highs and lows were accentuated a bit too much maybe.

Back