Mix/Master entire album

lethalastro

Hello everyone. I am almost finished recording my album and I would like to know if anyone with experience mixing rap/hip-hop/rnb music would like to mix/master it for me (for a fee of course) to achieve that contemporary sound a tracks of the day (in other words, how all great, mixed rap/hip hop commercial tracks sound). My budget is kinda tight, but i am willing to try and work anything out that is within my means. All the songs will be comprised of their raw individual tracks with no processing to them. The vocals were recorded at 48000hz, 24-bit, and the instrumentation will consist of good quality samples and synths. I hope you guys can help. Thanx and have a great day.

No, nothing wrong i guess :)

I cant really help you, because i am not a sound engineer, but if in case nobody here shows up willing to do the job, you could try google for mastering and you can find some good sites that charges fairly well and can master your tracks professionaly

Do you have any EmPeeThrees of a rough stereo mixdown for any of the tracks? If not, can you describe/compare your sound? Also, how many individual tracks did you record for each, uh, track?

If you are serious, then look up the credits on some albums that you like the sound of and see who mixed and mastered them. It will pretty much always be two different people, BTW.

i understand that, i am not naive to that fact. i was asking for both services, whether one person could do one or the other, or maybe both (i know it is not wise for the latter option, but its not like i have a major label budget). i must add tho, that my priority is to get the album mixed first, so i guess the new thread topic is, "who can mix my album" lol. i do have a mix of one of the tracks that i did try to mix/master myself, and damn do i hate it. i have knowledge of mixing, i just dont have the time to mix my own tracks. check out:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=304491

play the track BOOTAAAE!!!, or anyone one for that matter and tell me what u guys think and if u could do a better job of it (i am almost positive that u guys could). thanx!!!

Lethalastro

I do a majority of Hip Hop and R&B music, Ive been in the game for 20 years, If you would like to send me one of your songs (the wave files) Ill mix and master it (free of charge) and then if you like what you hear we will discuss the cost of the rest of your project. Just send me a PM.

Here is a link to some pictures of my studio http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1808674&postcount=855
Peace

Last edited:
I'm booked solid through the spring myself, otherwise I'd offer the mixing end of it.

As far as the mastering, check out good ol' John Scrip at Massive Master up in the Shaumburg area. He hangs out on this forum, and I'd trust him with any of my recordings.

As far as the mixing, I'm not too plugged into the hiphop scene. I'd maybe ask Massive if he has any recommendations for mixing in that genre. Other than that I'd start looking through the Illinois Entertainer studio guide and looking for leads there.

G.

SouthSIDE Glen said:
I'm booked solid through the spring myself, otherwise I'd offer the mixing end of it.

As far as the mastering, check out good ol' John Scrip at Massive Master up in the Shaumburg area. He hangs out on this forum, and I'd trust him with any of my recordings.

As far as the mixing, I'm not too plugged into the hiphop scene. I'd maybe ask Massive if he has any recommendations for mixing in that genre. Other than that I'd start looking through the Illinois Entertainer studio guide and looking for leads there.

G.

thanx glen, i appreciate the info. i was looking up john's mastering service, and it looks really good. of course i have to get the tracks mixed first, but afterwards, i am seriously considering going to him. thanx again.

Back