Mix Critique - The Pedal Stills

notredamer0789

Nashville Rocker
Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted (been super freakin' busy...). I just wanted to get some mix suggestions on the new stuff we've been doing. There are three newer songs that I have up that'd I'd like to get some feedback on. The songs are called 'Wrapped Up', 'Red Dress', and 'I Can't Scream'. I didn't get to use the type of equipment that I previously used, but still wanted to see how they turned out to you guys.

The Pedal Stills's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Thanks,

Cory

It's well past my bedtime here, so only had a quick listen to Wrapped Up. It's a very nice tune and the performance is good, but just a couple of things that I noticed initially. It's a very guitar based mix - I think the vocals sit a bit too low, particularly around the chorus, as do the drums which sound too far back and I think maybe have a little too much reverb compared with the guitars. It makes them sound like they don't currently belong together in the mix.

Love the guitar tone too. I'll have a listen to the other two soon

All the elements seem to be there, but the balance of them is off a little. I would agree vox+, Drums sit well in the chorus, but a little strong in the verses. Drums are very compressed, could be less so.

Sound cloud not working when I tried... heard the drum roll of "wrapped up" then it all stopped and was determined to stay that way (hang on working now).

I like the vibe and energy and retro sound of "wrapped up"... the first thing you notice is how bassy it is... needs to be crisper.

The 2nd song with the piano has way too much reverb but the general sound is very commercial... almost Idol generic. Needs a bigger ending...(try saving the reverb for the end, and start more intimate)

3rd song... You have a very commercial sounding voice... (not meant as a put down) :)

Back