Mix critique... short pop punk (Blink 182/Lifetime/Kid Dynamite)

keevhren

Just started to mix a friends band that I tracked a week or so ago and was looking for some critiques/advice on my progress thus far. The song is REALLY short compared to most everything typically posted here so it won't take up too much of your time!

It's unmastered and I'm pretty happy with it thus far but surely there's always room for improvement. Suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:
Sounds really good in my opinion. You could maybe add more fullness to the guitar, but that isn't absolutely neccesary.

guitars sound fizzy. They need more body, maybe lower the gain, boost the mids a bit. vocals sound scattered??? Like they lack focus. Maybe (compress) the main ones and push them up a bit, and back the background off a bit with some (slight) reverb.

I love poppy punk stuff, so this is right up my alley taste wise. pretty good overall.

I would just lower the high hat slightly and add a little bit of pop to the snare (possibly high-mids). And yeah, the guitar is a little thin. Other than that I like it a lot. What's the name of the band?

Back