mix critique please

i will listen this weekend when i get out of school -- buti cant promise u much -- im very much in the "learning/teach me" stage myself

...yes it sucks when your thread drops like a stone .... and you have plenty of people 'looking', playing your song...but no one willing to give you some feedback....sorry...I'm one of those guilty parties...just a deadbeat lurker...

I know it's sort of a 'quid pro quo' thing here....if your are 'sharing' advice and putting in time and effort, then that gets recongnized....and that's a good thing... :)

Anyway, I can't give you much technical advice, but totally cool tune...

I really like the melody and the vocal seems 'just right' - personal and 'in-your-face'.

Hope that helps.

/mcmd

Nice

I like it a lot. No gangster rap clone. It reminds me of early mid nineties rap. Piano loop sounds great. Drum loop sounds great. Overall quality of the recording is excellent. Probably the only thing I would mention is that the second vocal track should be turned down a tad bit so it doesn't fight so much wit your lead vocal track. I like it.

Sounds good, not really my style of music, but well done! The snare seems to have a lot of high end, I don't know if you can do something about that, it just sounds a little shrill to me. That may be something that you can't do much about if it is a loop. The vocals sound good, really upfront, and in your face, which works really well for this style. Good job!

thanks for the advice/compliments everyone. i understand i'd probably get a lot more feedback if i were to leave feedback on other songs, but i really dont have the knowledge to be critiqing other peoples' mixes. haha.

Back