When I record many takes for an audio track, Cubase keeps all the takes
in the audio folder. If I delete all the takes except the one I want to keep
in Cubase and then delete the corresponding tracks in the audio folder,
I receive a warning when I load the project that there are missing
files (even if the project don't use them anymore). Is there a way to
get rid of those warnings ?

Thanks,

Jack Real

They aren't a problem are they? Cubase will normally say they are missing, then ask you if you want to search for them. Just click No and then click yes when asked stop searching for missing audio and your song should load up as normal.

Alternatively (long winded route), Load your song, don't save your song while you are recording, when you have the desired 'take', export as a wav file via export function, save the file at the same bit resolution and sample rate as your original recording and save it into the same folder you have all the other files from the song. AT THIS POINT; DO NOT IMPORT BACK INTO THE TRACK

Now close down your song unsaved and close down Cubase. When you do this, it should ask if you want to 'delete all files recorded since saving song.' Click YES

Load up Cubase again and load your song, then import your exported track from the folder you saved it to. It will be there. This saves tons of disk space, but uses up more time, for those people who can't be bothered with lost files messages;)

Alternatively (long winded route), Load your song, don't save your song while you are recording, when you have the desired 'take', export as a wav file via export function, save the file at the same bit resolution and sample rate as your original recording and save it into the same folder you have all the other files from the song. AT THIS POINT; DO NOT IMPORT BACK INTO THE TRACK

Now close down your song unsaved and close down Cubase. When you do this, it should ask if you want to 'delete all files recorded since saving song.' Click YES

Load up Cubase again and load your song, then import your exported track from the folder you saved it to. It will be there. This saves tons of disk space, but uses up more time, for those people who can't be bothered with lost files messages;)

Alternatively, you could do exactly the same thing by opening the pool, right clicking on a folder and choose "remove unused media"...

Alternatively, you could do exactly the same thing by opening the pool, right clicking on a folder and choose "remove unused media"...

Well, naturally, Waffleness, yes of course you can do that:rolleyes:

Ahem!

You could've told him that 5 days ago, poor boy's been beside himself with indignant isolation, waiting for someone to answer his plight:):):)

Back