Miroslav Philharmonik vs. HALion Symphony Orchestra - [Cubase 7 - 64 Bit]

jamusic

As some may have seen, there is currently a deal with IK Multimedia, where by the Miroslav Philharmonik is very reasonably priced. It also seems quite popular.

Myself, I'm not much of an IK fan, so I'm wondering about opinions between that one and HALion Symphonic Orchestra.

The price difference is only $30.00, so not enough to sway my decision either way.

I have just read here on these forums that the 32 bit version can & does work in Cubase 7 - 64 bit versions, but I would tend to think that HALion SO would meld even better, being 'in house' so to speak during the install process at 64-Bit already.

Any thoughts and opinions?

[I should mention that I do have Garritan 4 PO.]

Hey JaMusic,

I can't really help much in terms of quality. But I would be sure to keep in mind that HSO has been around quite a while and it's hard to tell if Steinberg is going to give it an update to HSO2. May be best to consider getting on with a company that will be updating their products rather than being totally hush hush and unpredictable.

I watched a dude at Guitar Center try out some Phiharmonik, and sure it works and has tons of sounds but it definitely doesn't have that brilliant sound I'm used to hearing out of brands like EastWest. Of course we are talking about two totally different price ranges here too.

Yes, good points both on the updates and the price points.

Thanks for the food for thought Bane.

Hello Jamusic,

I will recommend you to try the HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Instrument Set first, it comes included as a trial with Cubase 7.
The HALion Symphonic Orchestra VSTi interface is not so intuitive as the HALion Sonic Interface and you can also run it inside HALion Sonic SE.
The permanent activation code is only 99.99

Best regards,
GN

Thanks for the input Guillermo. I did load it up in HALion 5 last night and scrolled through many of the sounds. Very nice!

Is there or will there be a notice that pops up & tells me I have 'x' amount of days left to activate/purchase the full version/activation code like most other trial versions seem to do?

This should be able to be checked in your Elicencer control center, though with every trial I've ever used it's been more than ready to let me know my trial time remaining on startup.

Hello jamusic,

Thanks for the input Guillermo. I did load it up in HALion 5 last night and scrolled through many of the sounds. Very nice!

Is there or will there be a notice that pops up & tells me I have 'x' amount of days left to activate/purchase the full version/activation code like most other trial versions seem to do?

It usually does, as already mentioned, you have to check it out on the eLicenser Control Center, the trial period should be a month.
After it expires it will let you know for sure ;)

Best regards,
GN

Hello,

Cant you activate it permanently even after expiration? I think that was his concern.

Thank you for clarifying I missed that the first time :D, Yes, you can activate it permanently once the trial has expired. To the Op; You need to purchase the permanent license for the trial.
It is called: "HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Instrument Set (Activation code)", it has a price of 99.99 Euros.

Best regards,
GN

Last edited:
Back