Mint Trident s20 Dual Pre

thebarnstudio said:
good price.... great peice of gear. you wonder why your recordings don't sound good, behringer pre's will make that happen

Now that was funny, AND true :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .

thebarnstudio said:
good price.... great peice of gear. you wonder why your recordings don't sound good, behringer pre's will make that happen

Bold statement from someone using a Mackie... but still not too far off.

thebarnstudio said:
Keep in mind, im 19 years old. What kind of gear did you own at that age?

By 19, I'd been running a small, local TV production "business" on the side for about three or four years and my equipment list was fairly impressive; almost all of it was paid for by actual income. Not a lot of money, but a few hundred dollars for a few hours of real work and a few days of dubbing.

That's the nice thing about being that age---if you live with your parents where you don't have to pay for rent, utilities, or meals, if you can convince them to help out (without pay) in their spare time, and if you are the least bit entrepreneurial, it's easy to make a good bit of change on the side.... :D

thebarnstudio said:
Keep in mind, im 19 years old. What kind of gear did you own at that age?
I had a Tascam 4 track and a crappy EV mic.
Just FYI you spelled Neumann wrong-- doesn't look too pro. Nice gear though! :)

First off, in the interest of this thread, the price you are asking for this unit is very fair. Someone should buy it.

As far as what I had when I was 19... what has that got to do with anything? I did not start my studio until I was 23. However, within a year I had myself up to 16 tracks of ADAT (this is before computer recording with decent track counts was very viable and before the 24 track HD units were available, back when ADAT's were still pretty spendy) and I had already been through an Allen Heath System 8 and making the upgrade to a TAC Scorpion. I also had a couple of dozen mics, plenty of comps, gates, FX etc...

I hate seeing younger people try to satnd up for themselves and their knowledge to older more experienced people, but then turn around and use the age excuse for other things. You can't really play both sides of that fence and expect to be taken seriously.

FYI... I never really meant my first statement as a personal jab... just a kind of humorous, yet still partly true statement. As for what I did make when I was 19, we shall not really go there. However, if I had wanted at that age, I could have bought a real Trident console and outfitted a pretty kick ass semi pro studio, but thats a whole other story and I have already done my time for that;)

Well yes, im in college right now. And the gear I have I bought, well not all of it, but a good amount of it haha. I've kind of been getting out of recording around here for now, because Cleveland is just horrible for recording. Nobody wants to pay a decent price, they all want quality for nothing. Its a bad investment so thats why im trying to do something else with my life. We have one large studio around here, outfitted with an old SSL console and some nice gear, but anything that comes out of that place doesn't actually sound that good. I went in there once for an interview and the engineer was mixing an album straight off protools.....when he had an SSL console right there? I don't understand.

Back