"Mint" condition microphones for sale!

chessparov

Audio-Technica AT2020 condenser microphone NEVER used-complete in box) $65

Electro-Voice 635a omni dynamic microphone with 635a clip $70

Electro-Voice RE15 dynamic microphone with RE15 clip-getting rare $100

Audix OM5 dynamic microphone with OM5 clip & pouch in box $90

MADE IN USA Shure SM57 Unidyne III with pouch-rare $90
Yes the "old" sm57's have better fidelity! (smoother top/bottom end)

Payment by money order or cashiers check only, sorry no Paypal.

All prices include UPS Ground Service (tracking number & insurance).
Shipping limited to 48 States of the Continental USA.

Thanks,
Chris (on "Good Guys list")

P.S. Planning to post this at the Gearslutz website tomorrow, so giving
the members here a head start cause they'll be all over this stuff!

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the EV mics (in fact I think that it was originally your posts, way back, which steered me toward them) and if it weren't for the fact that I just blew my savings on another RE15 a few weeks back and that I'm not in the USA, I'd be all over this one!:D

First and final "bump" before listing these microphones over at ebay soon for a quick sale.

Price for AT2020 (shipped) reduced to $60!

Thanks for looking,
Chris

P.S. Decided to keep the Audix OM5.

Last edited:
Hi Darrin.

That's a SM57. What happened (per Jim Williams/AE) is that by the time the Shure factory closed down in the USA, the used dies sent to Juarez, Mexico were pretty worn out.

To make a long story short, they never were quite able to exactly create the same capsules again as the 57's you hear on Oldies like "Dust In The Wind", "Sarah Smile", etc.

BTW I've also got a rare Shure 546 (selected 545 capsule)-same as Sinatra used at Reprise
for his main vocal mic during the 60's. Am double checking it next week to make sure it's working perfectly. (been in storage a while)

I remember that this particular 546 has a VERY smooooth response, whereas the 57 Unidyne III is more "ballsy". Both IMHO are comparable, depends what you're after.

Chris

Back