Minimalism

Tad,
Use as & if you like. I, quite simple, cannot sing.

Yeah me either. What I find even harder is lyrics, so if you're ever in the mood to expand on the 'and so on' part of your lyric then go for it. Probably just needs a 'chorus' type change? Then I could just repeat the two verses

Killer. Just, killer. Love the thought of old-timey microphone vocal (lots of saturation and no bottom) doing something really minimalistic in there. Ray's lyric idea is actually quite brilliant.

Hey thanks. Yeah the old radio mic effect could be the go here. I just have to get inspired with some kind of melody

LOL, neither can I - doesn't stop me annoying the fuck out of the neighbours with all the screaming though.

Yes but you have got vocal chops. I've tried screaming and it's just embarrassing

---------- Update ----------

Wow. This sounds pretty bad ass. Definitely has an industrial vibe.. pretty warm fat tone from the synth. Which Korg is it?

This one is the Volca Bass. Pretty big noises from a little plastic box

I like it as is...but some crazy samples, like whacked out old sci fi...distorted telephone vox maybe...An arp higher up the register through some guitar pedals could add more interest in parts

Theres a few directions this could take, I always like what you're going for

Thanks man. What actually is an arp...arpeggiator?

Yes but you have got vocal chops. I've tried screaming and it's just embarrassing

---------- Update ----------

This one is the Volca Bass. Pretty big noises from a little plastic box
Cheers, it's a real struggle for me though. I've been trying to sing for years, I still can't actually really sing but I have found recently that if I give it the full beans and know what note I'm going for I can hold it.

Give a go, mate. If I can do it, anyone can!

Bulls Hit,
I've only just found the post and it's 10.15pm meaning I have to head for bed so I can catch the 6.40am bus tomorrow. I'll work on the lyric tomorrow evening for you & send it via PM.

Great low end. Powerful, but not overly rumbly. At least on my system. Cool sounding guitars. Everything is at good levels.

Nothing to criticize IMO. Nice job.

Bulls,

I've listened to this loads now and I'd be willing to have a crack at putting a vocal on it for you if you want a fairly harsh vocal that is. Was thinking about this when I was walking to the pub on the weekend and think I have an idea that could work with Ray's lyrics. I've got a cool idea for the bit in the middle after the weird flangy bit too.

No worries if you'd like something more melodic but in my head this is just sounding like NIN to me

Bulls,

I've listened to this loads now and I'd be willing to have a crack at putting a vocal on it for you if you want a fairly harsh vocal that is. Was thinking about this when I was walking to the pub on the weekend and think I have an idea that could work with Ray's lyrics. I've got a cool idea for the bit in the middle after the weird flangy bit too.

No worries if you'd like something more melodic but in my head this is just sounding like NIN to me

Yeah man that would be super. I'll PM you the updated lyrics Ray sent me

I'm late to the party. I remember hearing this kind of stuff back in the 90s. You know, GF would take me to those dance clubs to party all night. Ahhh yeah.

Someone mentioned a bass line and that would work nicely, especially if it grooved and provided most of the melody. The big huge synth is masking the kick. Notch it out and let it ring. :)

Thanks for sharing... (and bringing back a forgotten memory)

Hey Chili. Yes a bassline to hold the melody will lock it all together. I'll check out that kick too. Cheers man

Back