Minimal Mastering Needed on a budget

Drummerbones

My usual ME who I'll keep anonymous just to be polite isn't really well known around here, but some of you probably know who I'm referring to. He'll master my 10 songs, roughly a 40 minute album for $200 (dead serious), but he isn't available until late June, early July and I have a baby on the way due the 1st week of June! This project must be finished in the next few weeks or my wife will have me living in my car. So, with all that being said, I'm needing a rock album of 10 songs, just under 40 minutes in length mastered very soon and I can't spend more than $200...that's the budget. With a little one on the way I'm lucky my wife is letting me hire an ME at all.

I don't need the whole shabang. All I'm asking for is the songs to be sonically balanced and brought up to commercial level...that's it. I need an ME that will allow me to upload my WAV files to their server (ala skype etc.), master them digitally to save effort, use of outboard gear and costs, and send them back to me via the same method to cut down on time and extra expenses for everyone. I have the capability to produce my own red book quality CD with text, spacing etc....I can sequence and put the album together (and I will provide the track order), I just need the tracks to be uniform to one another.

That being said, if there are any takers for this minimal mastering approach please PM me...reputable ME's only please (I'll do my research). No offense basement recording guys as I'm one of them, but I can squash my mixes and make the eq worse all by myself :D . I know you ME's are in this to make money...it's not show friends, it's show business, but hopefully what I'm asking for is plausable given the minimal efforts I'm asking for as opposed to "the works".

For those who are about to trash me for trying to scam someone...save your breath please. I've been around these forums for the better part of a decade, I'm not super-wellknown but I have an honest reputation, I have the utmost respect for professionals, I help newbies all the time, and above all, if nobody can/will do it, that's their decision. No, or no responses at all are what I have to realistically expect...I know it's a long shot. All I can do is ask and hope someone will help me get out of this pinch and feel they're fairly compensated for the requested efforts. Much appreciated all. Thanks

Well, I was able to work out a schedule with my ME so I no longer need this service. Thank you to all who at least read my post and gave it your consideration.

DB

Back