Mini Amp...

uhhuhhim

Hi,

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but I feel comfortable posting in this forum. I am considering buy a small mini-amp to electrify my Fender Acoustic/Electric when I record. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

uh huh him

Move this thread to the guitar forum. You'll get more responses.

I can't offer much help on that, I'm sorry. I feel that it is subjective to what you like, and how much you can spend...

But move this thread (you can do it at the top of the page under the Thread Tools tab)...

Wow, uhhuhhim, your HR name is the most obscure reference I've seen yet. It's from a "Married with Children" epsiode, right?

uhhuhhim said:
Hi,

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but I feel comfortable posting in this forum. I am considering buy a small mini-amp to electrify my Fender Acoustic/Electric when I record. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

uh huh him

There is a small Marshall that my son likes. I'd guess it has a 6" speaker. Goes for about $60.00.

Take a look at the Vox Brian May amp. It's not a tube amp but it sounds good and is only a 10w amp.

If it's a full depth acoustic/electric it would probably sound best with a microphone/mic preamp combo if you wanted to capture the acoustic sound of it as naturally as possible, that's how I usually prefer to track acoustic guitars.

You could of course use any type of amp you want to record the output from the pickup, but keep in mind that a regular electric guitar amp is going to have a more limited frequency response when compared to a dedicated acoustic guitar amp, which are usually more like little mini pa systems and have a small horn in them for extending the high end.

Back