Mike Preamp

What do you plug your mikes into now? Small mixer?

What are you recording onto? PC? 4-track? VS-whatever? ADAT?

TP

a month or so ago i posted the exact question to the harmony central recording board, and here is what i was told:
don't buy any art toob gear, it's all noisey muddy gimmicky shite. instead, buy a good solid-state pre like the midiman audio buddy, which can be had from most vendors for $80. incidentally, i just got one on ebay for $65, shipping included. it's gotten many good reviews, and i'll post back on here once i've had the chance to use it.

I would recommend something besides the MP. I dont like mine that much for vocals. It puts this funky tube fuzz on 'em. Does alright for bass & guitar preamp straight in to my vs-840.
I hear good thing about the audio buddy. I'm thinkin of getting one of those.

get the blue tube...you get the real tube sound, 1/4 and XLR, two channels, and it looks cool....you can't go wrong...if you don't believe me look it up and you'll find great reviews of it...great for DI, too!

I vote for the Audio Buddy.I have an Art Toob MP and I don't like it at all.I think it is quite noisy,the only thing I use it for is playing live sometimes I run an acoustic through it.The audio Buddy IMO is one of the true "bang for the buck"deals out there.

Audio Buddy? Yes!

I have a Tube MP. Neutral it's not. Does this weird mid-bass fuzzy warmth thing. The Midiman Audio Buddy is great. It works well as a DI and with mics. Very, very clean sounding, extended top end, phantom power, quiet. It doesn't have a whole lot of gain, and the amount of headroom is just OK...when it clips you hear it. For $80 there is nothing better... amazing sound for the price.

If we're going to spell it wrong . . .

Let's all at least agree to spell it T-E-W-B.

Although still incorrect, I kind of like the idea of tewb gear. Tewb just looks and sound kind of kewl if ew know what I mean. :)

Back