MidiandMac

wordizbon

I am trying to connect the oxygen midi controller to a mac. Is is possible without an actual midi controller to do so. Can I connect the oxygen directly to the mac via USB? In the control panel the mac says no midi device. Help me out.

Well I installed Reasons. I figured that it would recognize the keyboard thats plugged into the USB controller.

He means driver software for your controller to be recognized, doc.

It should be on the disc you got with the oxygen or on the m-audio website. All that info should be in your manual, and that's online, too.

Take a look.

fd

I know about drivers. I'm a pc tech. Just not familiar how it works for the mac. I didn't realize mac needs drivers installed. I'll check out the site.

Your thinking in the PC world. You don't need anything to get you mac to work. Its already built in the OS (As long as your using OS X)

Just go the the Utilities Folder in the Applications Folder and Open AMS (Audio MIDI Setup) . Click on the MIDI devices Tab. Add an new Device.

It may not list your specific device but you can alway create a "generic device" and it should work without a problem

Back