midi track properties problems

starber

When I go to MIDI track properties, programs names then program name set n-track shows a bunch of neat options (various pianos, organs, etc.) but I'm unable to click on any of them :( to create any of these cool effects when playing my m-audio usb keyboard through n-track. I'm trying out the demo version, should that have any effect?

You may want to register and post over at the FAsoft Forum.
There are quite a few knowledgeable folks over there that could help you.
Unfortunately, I'm still in the dark ages with MIDI. All of my recording is actual played instruments, with the exception of the occasional keyboard. Even then I'm still just recording the audio out of the sound modules.
Look around for the member bubbagump, he's a MIDI man who knows his stuff.

Those names are the General MIDI names that map to patch numbers. So Acoustic Piano is patch 0, Bright Piano is patch 1, etc. If you don't have a synth, then you will not hear any sounds. Do you own a hardware synthesiser or sound module? If not, you will need to look into a software synth. Also, check in Options > MIDI > Devices and see what devices you have listed. You should at least have the Microsoft MIDI Mapper listed. It is the synth that comes with Windows and is not very good, but it will work. Make sure it is sleclected as an output device. Then, in the track options where you see piano etc. listed, be sure it shows MIDI Mapper as the output device.

Options > MIDI > ?

1. Do you own a hardware synthesiser or sound module?
I considered n-track my software synth, am I missing something?

2. Options > MIDI > Devices and see what devices you have listed.
Since I am using a Creative Soundblaster sound card I have Creative FM Synth highlighted

3. Make sure it is sleclected as an output device. Then, in the track options where you see piano etc. listed, be sure it shows MIDI Mapper as the output device.
Should I have them both (also MIDI Mapper) available to n-track? Then what should be listed in track options?

Maybe I should be offering to n-track more options.

Back