midi sync

picker523

i went to the help menu for cakewalk 9.0 pro To find how to sync with external midi device and it told me to look for the button in the midi/ device/ options menu with"midi "on it but I couldn't find it.Anyone know where to find it?

If you right-click on the menuline, select "Sync". There's your MIDI-button.

I didn't quite recall how to reach it in CWPA 9, but in SONAR, you can simply click Options --> Project --> Clock tab. Select MIDI Sync...

;)
Jaymz

Attachments

• source.jpg
    source.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 38
James Argo said:
I didn't quite recall how to reach it in CWPA 9, but in SONAR, you can simply click Options --> Project --> Clock tab. Select MIDI Sync...

;)
Jaymz

moskus, James,

I am a HS 2002 user.

I use a Qy-70 external sequencer plug in my midi card. My song (On QY-70) contains tempo changes. If I record this song into HS from Qy-70 the tempo changes are not take in account...

And it seems we cannot set HS as slave with midi sync...

Any thoughts about getting the tempo changes ?

SergeD

SergeD said:
And it seems we cannot set HS as slave with midi sync...
This is correct. So basically what you need to do is to record all tracks, and then re-program all the tempo changes after the recording...

Sorry, I don't think there's another way...

Or after some thinking it might be easier to program the control changes first. Then you can hear what it's supposed to sound like during recording... ;)

have you tried sending midi clock to that device? under the midi out tab, checkmark start/stop/continue/clock...and set the midi clock to the port of the device you want to sync.

sonar sucks because you can only send clock to 1 port. what the hell were they thinking?

roostmusic said:
sonar sucks because you can only send clock to 1 port. what the hell were they thinking?
Yeah, that kind of bug me too. Why oh why shouldn't I be able to slave more midi-devices to Sonar?

If you figure that out, let me know... ;)

I figured it out...i use cubase SX now ;-)

If you use win2K and not XP...some guy wrote a driver to echo midi clock to other ports...you can find it on the yahoo groups for cakewalk.

are you kidding? The clock thing is 1 of dosens of great features sx has that sonar doesn't...now that i've grown into SX i could never imagine going back. but this debate has been covered before.

Yes, let's leave it...

But Sonar is still better than Cubase SX, and you know it... :p

Let's rate all the threads at the Cubase Forum to 1... :D :D

Please help me! I'm bored!!!

hehe...i gotta stir the pot every once and a while. But moskus, have you tried the clock echo driver that i mentioned above? I've heard it works great on win2k.

No, not really. Do you have a link? I'll see if I find it...

Sounds like a good idea! Thanks for the tip! :)

Back