Midi suggestions requested

cat

1. I have a DPS-16 recorder that I want to use as a midi controller (i.e. faders, start- stop functions) and CW HS2002 (will use to track midi and audio). I also have CEP 2, but I use it for editing. My problem is, I have an M-Audio Audiophile USB soundcard but my PC does not recognize it as a Midi interface. My PC is fairly new (40GB HD, AMD XP1600+, 128mb DDR, 5 usb ports) and I'm running win XP home.

2. I have a Kurzweil K-2500, MPC 2000, and will be getting a Motif rack in the near future. I will be using th K-2500 to control the Motif and sequence everything with the MPC. But I want to also record all midi notes in Cakewalk.

Are there any affordable solutions that would make this set-up run smoothly? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cat...
I don't have your setup, but have you tried to tried all the USB ports ? (you mentioned 5 USB). My little brother has a digital camera which cannot be detected unless he connects it to certain port. Strange, eh ? but that works :) I dunno, may be that will help. Anyway, have you installed propher driver for the device ? (Audiophile) Check their website for updated news & newest driver.
Make it work first, then we can talk about how to transfer to HS2002.

Meow...

;)
Jaymz

If you are going to be doing a full blown midi setup then you should get a dedicated MIDI interface. Maudio and MOTU make several multi port cards that will make life a lot easier when doing complicated routing.

I agree with James, check your midi drivers and USB ports.

I've checked all ports and reinstalled drivers for the Audiophile USB, but still haven't had any success. I now know that the problem lies with the midi drivers. I can't say whether it is a XP-usb issue or just the audiophile having inadequate drivers for this product. I contacted Tech support. They were'nt much help. Does anyone have a similar setup? If, so how did you gt your system running smoothly?

I've thought about getting a Midi port, but I want to see if the usb audiophile does Midi like the manual says. I would hate to have purchased a fairly new product from a respected manufacturer and have it not do what it was advertised to do.

one comes to my mind...

Have you installed SP1 for WinXP ?

...SP1 ? What is that, Jaymz ? And what it would do ?

Microsoft Service Pack 1 (download from www.microsoft.com). I've heard it improves the way WinXP handle USB ports & devices. I didn't say it will exactly solve your problem, but worth to try, yet harmless.

;)
Jaymz

new question, new problem

I'm having problems:
1. My first problem is syncing my MPC, with a Motif ES7 (got rid of the K-25). I'm attempting to use the MPC as a sequencer when recording.

2. I want the DPS-16 recorder to control start up on MPC and start, stop, rec, & fader movement in CEP2 and Pro Tracks. I'm using the Lexicon Omega as my soundcard.

3. I'm also using the Motif to control Reason.

Can anyone help me? Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Back