Midi sound plug-ins

evadbowl

Hey everyone, just a quick question on midi. I have a midi keyboard that im using with Reaper. Im not crazy about the sounds on my keyboard as my keyboard is about 8 years old but still in great shape. I just need new sounds. Is there a bank of sounds that I could purchase that would help me out that I could just plugin to Reaper? Thanks!

I suppose this depends on what "sounds" you're looking to get out of it. Garritan Personal Orchestra is a good program that will give you, well... orchestral sounds. The sounds are fairly realistic and include strings, pianos, harpsichords, brass, woodwind, etc... It's a pretty good program. If you're looking at drums ToonTracks makes some good products (EZDrummer, SuperiorDrummer) and Addictive Drums is a really good program.

A lot of sequncing programs have built in VSTs. Most are crap but somecan be put to good use. Check out synthzone.com for some other ideas.

Maybe you could pick up a used hardware sound module for cheap now that virtual instruments are popular. Roland, Korg, Alesis and others make them.

Back