MIDI recording out of sync

MistaMash'dup

When I play my VST sampler using a MIDI controller, there is no noticeable latency. However, if I record the MIDI controller's MIDI output into Cubase, my whole MIDI recording is shifted about 57 milliseconds ahead of where it should start. This makes it out of sync with whatever I was playing the MIDI controller along with.

I had a similar problem with audio recording latency, but I solved it by using the "Record Placement Offset" feature to compensate for the latency. Is there a "Midi Record Placement Offset" feature that I can use similarly to solve my problem?

Or is there a better solution out there?

Any help's appreaciated :)

I turned "Use system timestamp" on, but my problem still persists. Any other ideas?

Attachments

• MIDI-Timestamp.jpg
    MIDI-Timestamp.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 37
Problem solved by updating system to 3.1.1.994, and possibly by configuring ASIO DirectX Full Duplex setup, as well as ASIO multimedia setup.

Total MIDI loopback recording latency now matches the sum of input and output latencies as reported in VST audiobay Device Setup.

If anyone has any issues with "early" MIDI recording or MIDI latency, please don't hesitate to ask me, as I think that I have a firm grasp of this aspect of the system now.

Many people on Steinberg's Cubase.net forum have been complaining of this type of problem, and from what I've read there, it seems as if Steinberg has been pretty poor about developing a solution. I'm here to help :)

Back